As a business coach I always try to stress that your business should not be your end all. It should be the vehicle to help you get what you really want out of life. Your life shouldn’t be your business. Your business should get you more out of life.
Here are what I believe to be are the 7 keys to improving ourselves and achieving the quality life we want and deserve.
- Quality of Results – To increase our quality of life we need to get better results. That’s easier said than done. How do we increase the quality of our results?
- Quality of Actions – By increasing the quality of our action we will improve the quality of results. So how, you might ask?
- Quality of Decisions – To increase the quality of our actions we need to make better decisions. The next key will help us to increase the quality of our decisions.
- Quality of Questions – The better the questions, the better the decisions you will make. One of the key ways that I help my clients as a business coach is by asking the difficult questions and coaching my clients to start asking themselves those difficult questions.
- Quality of Beliefs & Dreams – You can’t ask better questions if you don’t know what it is you don’t know. When you have strong beliefs and big dreams you begin to start asking better questions because you need to know why. You’ll start asking yourself what is keeping me from achieving that success. But how can someone build better and bigger dreams and a stronger belief system?
- Quality of Education – By increasing our quality of education, always trying to learn more, our beliefs will get stronger and our dreams will get bigger.
- Quality of Mentor/Teacher – We have to first admit that we don’t know everything. Today we have the ability to access many mentors and teachers not necessarily personally but through their workshops, books, CD’s, DVD’s, etc.
One person I consider to be my mentor but have never actually met is Jim Rohn. Though he has passed away and he is missed by many. He said two things that have always stuck with me, “You have to work harder on yourself than you do on your job” and “Don’t wish that your life was easier, wish that you were better”.
If we strive to have a mentor who can teach us and mentor us to look at the world and ourselves from a new light, we will increase the quality of our education which will lead to higher quality beliefs and dreams, which will allow us to ask better questions to make better decisions, which will allow us to take better actions which will lead to achieving better results and thus increase your quality of life.
Please let me know your thoughts in the comments section below…